-->
Image Map

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I almost lost...

Monday was a terrible, horrible, no good day. I woke up knowing it wasn't going to be good...I hate that! I won't go into details, but work is rough right now. The spring always is, but I'm just feeling more run-down than usual and Monday was no exception. I over-flowed a whirlpool {the Athletic Trainers out there feel me on this one}, had to cancel an appointment I was excited about and ended up working all day when I thought I'd have the afternoon off. {wah, wah wah, I know...I threw a HUGE pity party} All day long I knew it was the enemy making me feel this way and making me doubt myself and I succumbed to him and his evil ways! At lunch time, I went to the car and got my Bible, that's right, I brought my Bible into a public school and {GASP} opened it read it and left if open on my desk for the rest of the day! I just knew I had to get into the Word and get that pesky little devil off my back. It didn't work... it helped some and I could feel God's love, but I was still all "poor me".
As I've mentioned before, I have bible study on Monday nights. I was so tired and worn down that I actually contemplated not going and just telling my leader that I had a long weekend and bad day and needed a night to myself. But there was this tiny voice pushing me and proding me to go, I love going and look forward to Monday nights, so I listened to that voice! BOY AM I GLAD I DID! The chapters we covered were about serving and submiting to your husband {which I do not have...yet}, so I let the words of wisdom pouring from these married ladies sink in and put my two cents in every so often. When I had arrived my leader asked how my day was and I told her "ehh" but didn't elaborate. The time came to close and we were asked for prayer requests. I just said I needed patience, {which is a joke, because we can't ask Him for patience, we need grace!} and left if at that. Once everyone spoke their requests/ praises, Candice started praying and when she got to my name, the Spirit spoke through her straight to me! He told her everything I was struggling with and keeping to myself and she prayed for everything I was thinking! God is so amazing that way! He knows the innermost thoughts and desires of our hearts. He knew I needed to be at bible study JUST for our closing prayer! I felt like a huge weight had been lifted when she finished. I hung back as everyone left so I could tell her, and when I did she just said, "I could tell something wasn't right tonight". She knew me being quiet and keeping to myself was so out of character and through her the Lord gave her the words I needed most!
 
I woke up today renewed and semi-rested but completely freed from my burdens. Y'all our God is so wonderful and amazing and can use so many people to speak to you when you least expect it! He knew EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING that was on my heart and in my mind! How great to be able to have a relationship with our Father that we can keep nothing from Him, nor does he want us to. All day long I was taking it upon myself to "fix things" and looking for a way to get out of my funk, when the whole time, He was saying, "Give it to me, place your burdens on me, I will free you!"
Don't let the enemy get you down and tell you lies, because he is always trying to come between us and the Lord!
1 Peter 5: 7-9 reminds me of this!
"Give all your worries and cares to God, for HE cares about you, Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith."
The enemy almost won yesterday, y'all and I am determined to fight against him daily!
 
xoxo,
SamanthaDiane
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment