-->
Image Map

Friday, February 15, 2013

Helllo Friday!!

I don't know about y'all but goodness I LOVE Fridays! The majority of them I'm still going to have to work some kind of sporting event, but there are those glorious Fridays that I'm off and ready to start the weekend! Unfortunately this Friday is the latter...I'm working three soccer games and then tomorrow morning I have a track meet! So yes, my weekend is going to be short {I'll really only have Sunday completely off} but I do not care!! I'll be leaving the track meet a bit early to go watch one of my former athletes play baseball at Rice University! This is my FAVORITE part of my job, seeing my former athletes succeed it just makes my heart swell with such pride!
Okay enough with the sappiness! Let the above read that I'm super excited for the weekend even though I'll be working the majority of it and am quite excited to watch some good college baseball this weekend! {Baseball is my absolute favorite sport!}
 
So I've been blogging for 4 days! I started reading The Small Things Blog every day after finding Kate's awesome hairstyles on Pinterest! I'm sure you've heard of/ seen her blog/pins...she's pretty awesome and I just love her blog! So how excited was I when I went on yesterday morning to see this post?!?! It's perfect for me and I cannot wait for the second part b/c I will be absorbing every bit of it!
I really can't wait to see how my blog grows and changes! {Please notice that I've had about a million changes already as I try to figure all this out, and get my blog just the way I want it to look!!}
 
I leave you with what has been weighing on my heart and mind this week. I talked about it in my previous posts, but want to again. I've been starting my days by opening up to the Lord and talking to Him just as if He was sitting next to me! I listen to KSBJ every morning while I'm getting ready and on my way to work, I find that it helps me prepare for my day and to focus on God first thing in the day. The whole way to work {which is only about an 8 minute commute} I pray and acknowledge God and give Him the worries of my day and also tell that pesky devil to get out of my thoughts and give my day to the Lord. Almost every morning has started off hectic with me rushing {I'm not sure what's going on with that} and by the time I get to work I'm refreshed and renewed, all because of my little one-on-one with my Heavenly Father!
 
I really like The Message version of Proverbs 3:5-7:
"Trust God from teh bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your won. Listen for God's voice in everythind you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who wil keep you on track. Don't assume you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil!"
This verse is like a breath of fresh air! Run to Him because he is already standing there ready with arms open and willing to listen!
 
Hope y'all have a weekend full of fun!
xoxo,
SamanthaDiane

No comments:

Post a Comment