-->
Image Map

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Working out hard, or hardly working out?

Well, I wish I could say that I've been working out hard...but I've been hardly working out. HOWEVER, I have been going to the gym more than I had been! I joined 24 HR on December 09 and I've been a whooping SIX times since then...yeah I've been basically supporting them by my monthly dues...you know a donation some may say!


I have since found two classes I love! Pound and Pilates Reformer. The reformer class is FO FREE! Say what?! I've never been to a gym where the reformer classes are free, so you can find me every Saturday morning in that class! And then Pound...I'm a horrible dancer and have no rhythm to speak of, but I LOVE this class! It's on Tuesday, Thursday and Sundays. I can't go Tuesdays because that's my busy busy day at work, so I try to go the other two days. Here's the description of Pound from their website :

Pound is a full-body cardio jam session, combining light resistance with constant simulated drumming. The workout fuses cardio, Pilates, isometric movements, plyometrics and isometric poses. Burn calories, strengthen and sculpt infrequently used muscles, and drum your way to a leaner, slimmer physique – all while rocking out to your favorite music! Through continual upper body motion using lightly weighted drumsticks, called Ripstix™, you'll turn into a calorie-torching drummer. Rock, rap, pop and old school music fuse to create the Poundtrack series.

It is SO.FUN! And extremely hard and boy are you sore after! It's a mix of pilates, yoga, cardio and abs. It's awesome!!

I also belong to Revolt Now Fitness. I had seen it on a couple other blogs last year and decided that since I was moving to a smaller place and prob wouldn't get a gym membership right away I'd join! It's $50/yr and you get a meal plan and workouts. I have been seriously slacking on this...mainly because my small apartment has no room to do the workouts. So I have to go to the gym to do them...and I like to go early so that I'm not dealing with a million people watching me {I know that more than likely they're not watching me, but still}. And seeing as I've been digging this whole sleeping thing, getting up early to hit the gym isn't on my list of things I want to do. But I need to get over it and start going at 6am. Maybe even 5:30 and then I could come home and shower and grab a power nap if need be! :)

Not living near my parents{and their pool}, I need to get my butt to the gym and eat healthier because I'm going to have to be amongst people to get some sun and in the past I could be in the comfort of my parent's backyard with fencing to shield the neighbor's from going blind haha!

I've seen this on Facebook lately and crack up every time!

Are y'all gearing up for summer by working out/eating healthy? I pin a bunch of great recipes/workouts on Pinterest so maybe I should go check them back out!


No comments:

Post a Comment