-->
Image Map

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Chili and jogging...

Intriguing title huh?! I'm quite inventive these days! We all try to eat healthy and exercise right? Or am I the only one in the universe? {ps...duh, I know everyone always is saying I'm trying to eat better and workout}
So every Sunday I go to the grocery store with great hopes of buying wonderful things and cooking every night of the week meals that are amazing and healthy. I end up with a basket full of good stuff...and then it more than likely rots in my fridge|pantry. I have great ambitions to do wonderful things with the food...but I usually end up tired and not wanting to cook. Plus my darned kitchen is TINY and by tiny I mean TINY!! Like even with me and my one dog in it, there are too many bodies and I'm constantly kicking him out of the kitchen, ha! So anything that's intensive to cook is literally that, intensive. I generally end up making enough for the week and then it doesn't sound good the rest of the week! Again, am I the only one this happens to? It's flippin' hard to cook for one person, and I'm not a big fan of leftovers!

This week, Sunday was COLD and windy!! So I decided to make my mom's chili...I have been making it with ground turkey to make it healthier and this time, I didn't just use kidney bean, I used a can of kidney, pinto and black beans. It was DELICIOUS!! The added beans really made the texture different and wonderful!
Below is the recipe, it's super simple and not at all complicated. I've eaten it every night this week, except tonight, I had crawfish and it was amazing!!


Momma B's Chili:
2 large cans of Diced Tomatoes ( I use the ones with less sodium)

1 pkg of Ground Turkey
1 Onion (diced up, I cheated and bought already chopped onion)
1 can of beans (kidney, black, whatever you want)
Chili powder
-Brown the meat in a large pot
-Throw in onion and let it cook
-Don't drain the tomatoes and bean, put them in the pot.
- Put Chili Powder, salt, any other spices into the chili as desired...I don't measure anything, just dump it!


Simmer Chili until heated through!




Now for the Jogging part...my friend and I are thinking of signing up for the Color Vibe that's here in Arlington on April 26. Let me preface this by saying I HATE RUNNING!! Like hate is a strong word, but it's what it is...It's a great workout and I really envy those who run and enjoy it!


I have several friends who I believe enjoy running...at least I think they enjoy it b/c they run, and not just let's go for a jog, but they run...10ks, half marathons, marathons...honestly I think they're nuts!
The weather here has been great and I want to take advantage of it and at least be able to go out and jog for 30 minutes without dying! So yesterday I re-downloaded the Couch25k app...and did Day 1...and DIED! Like the last two jogging sessions I wanted to give up, and quit, but I didn't. I had ACL/Meniscus surgery in 2009 and 2010 and my left knee is not my favorite, and it doesn't like me very much most of the time. BUT I wanted to run, so I did.
I plan on doing it again tomorrow.

I'll keep y'all updated on my progress! It's gonna be a slow progress but I'm planning on keeping it up!

xoxo,
SamanthaDiane







No comments:

Post a Comment