-->
Image Map

Monday, February 3, 2014

Oh hello...

Oh hi there friends! I bet you thought I disappeared forever...good news, I did NOT! I just moved to a new city, started a brand new job and have been trying to get into the swing of things! Lots of stuff has happened since October and really I'm not going to try to play catch up in one post, or even many posts! It would take too long and bore you quite bad!! I will say that this was definitely the best decision and I'm so so thankful I was obedient to the Lord's whispers to my heart! He has been so faithful in this journey and my faith is renewed daily !
Don't get me wrong, things haven't been all roses and puppy dogs...close but let's be real...every day brings trials! I mean, I was ICED in for FIVE days straight...let me tell you, that was not fun. I fell THREE times in those five days and twice in one day. OUCH! I.Do.Not.Like.Ice!! Snow, which we haven't had, would be quite nice...maybe. I'm over this cold and wind and am ready for HOT HOT HOT temps! (I'll probably be singing a different tune come July/August)

I've found a new church, after much searching... I love it! I've only been going for about a month but know that it's where I need to be! I've been going on Saturday evenings and my Sunday's have been blissfully free giving me time to relax and prepare for the week ahead! This past Sunday I was driving to do some errands and this song came on the radio... I love this version!

"This Little Light Of Mine"
There’s a little flame inside us all
Some shine bright, some shine small
The rains will come and the waters rise
But don’t you ever lose your light
In this life you will know
Love and pain, joy and sorrow
So when it hurts, when times get hard
Don’t forget whose child you are

This little light of mine
I’m gonna let it shine
This little light of mine
I’m gonna let it shine, gonna let it shine

May you live each day with no regret
Make the most of every chance you get
Let your eyes get wide when you look at the stars
With the same sense of wonder as a child’s heart
With the ones you love treasure the time
And for those who are gone keep their memories alive
Hold on to your dreams don’t ever let go
There’s a fire inside you burning with hope

This little light of mine
I’m gonna let it shine
This little light of mine
I’m gonna let it shine, gonna let it shine

There will be days when you want to give up
When the clouds settle in
But after the rain comes the sun
Don’t you ever forget

One day there will be no more pain
And we will finally see Jesus’ face
So until then I’m gonna to try
To brave the dark and let my little light shine

This little light of mine
I’m gonna let it shine
This little light of mine
I’m gonna let it shine, gonna let it shine

There’s a little light inside us all

It's such a good reminder...we have to remember to let our light shine and let God shine through us daily. I've really been trying to do this, no matter if my day has been horrible, every time I walk in a patient's house or hospital room to deliver something I make sure to smile genuinely and let kindness come through.

So on this new journey, God has been teaching me that it's not all about me...it's about helping His people and showing compassion.
I promise to blog more regularly now that I'm "settled"!

xoxo,
SamanthaDiane

2 comments:

  1. yay!! I am glad you are back. I miss my morning texting friend. I am glad you found a church, I know how important that is to you.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are blogging again!

    ReplyDelete