-->
Image Map

Friday, February 21, 2014

Getting Involved...

Okay, I've been here in Fort Worth since mid-November and I feel like I'm finally "settled". That being said, I need to get connected up here! I want to re-connect with old friends {which I have been doing quite successfully}, make new ones and just get out more!
I've found an awesome church and am going to get involved with the youth group and become a leader. I'll be honest, I miss the teens...didn't think I would, but I do. I miss encouraging them, interacting with them and just being around them. I feel like it's all I know. So while I plan to get involved with the youth, I also want to get involved with people my own age! That being said, I'm not big on girl friends...I'm just way too simple to deal with their stupid pettiness etc... but I need to find some quality girls that are not in my normal group of friends. I'd also like to maybe go on some dates {shocking right? I'm 32 and would like to maybe find someone to share my life with} with some interesting boys{I use the term boy to describe males in general...I don't want to date boys}and maybe even with some not so interesting ones!!
So I know everyone makes resolutions|goals in January but I'm going to start them now... mid-February. And I'm not going to say they're resolutions, I'm going to say this is the year of me! I want to find myself {I hear people say that, but what does that actually mean?}? I think to find myself I need to root myself deeply in God and His word. Start each day reading His wisdom and lessons and in communion with my Heavenly Father. I also need to start each day with exercise...some form. I'm happier when I workout, not to mention healthier! I need to go out more during the week, catch dinner with a friend or see a movie. Or maybe go a date! Fort Worth has SO much to offer and I cannot wait for Spring|Summer to get here because this city is spectacular during that time! So many outdoor activities, concerts, etc...
I also want to get more involved in my Alumni activities, definitely need to support my Alma Mater better.

Do any of y'all have any suggestions on how to get more connected|involved? I've thought about Junior League...but let's be honest, I'm not sure I'm THAT girl, haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment