-->
Image Map

Monday, April 14, 2014

Gentle Reminder

Next month, it will be SIX months since I've moved here! Say what?! That's flippin' nuts! I cannot believe it's already almost been half a year! Time sure does fly!! Am I where I thought I would be at this point? Nope...but I'm where God wants me to be. On my way home from my Houston visit last weekend I was listening to KSBJ (the local Christian radio station) as far as it would get reception, the song, In Christ Alone came on and immediately I turned the radio up loud and got my praise on by myself in my car! I then downloaded it to my phone and it's been on repeat since! I listen to it every morning on my way to my first stop of the day. I have been making it my prayer because I need to remember why I'm here. This verse from the song its my favorite! I need to strive to make Christ my center, my all, because He is the one true constant in my life!

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm

I didn't move to Fort Worth for myself. Yes, I love this city and the people that are important to me here, but I'm here to make a difference. I'm here because I was obedient to the gentle nudge of a loving Father who knew this is where I needed to be for the next phase of my life. I follow a girl on Instagram that has inspired me to put others first and I think that's what I'm here for! I'm here to make a difference in people's lives. That was what I loved about my former job...I got to make a difference and speak life into teenagers. Well now, I get to do the same thing with a different population, most of my patients are older, but just because they're older doesn't mean they don't need life spoken into them! I can bring light and happiness to a person that is scared, overwhelmed and nervous about an upcoming surgery just by being nice and listening to them. I also am inspired to start showing happiness to those around me. I LOVE doing little acts of kindness to show love! Whether it's sending a little note, a package or just a text to tell someone I love them, it brings me joy. It is a blessing to be able to lift someones spirits and let them know they are loved. 

It's my prayer daily that others can see and feel God's love for them through me. I want to be a beacon of love, grace and compassion. Compassion is hard for me, I don't give sympathy well and I'm learning to be compassionate. There are patients that you just want to set their equipment up and get out of there maybe because you're rushing and have a million other places or maybe because they just aren't the most pleasant person. But I'm really trying to show compassion to these patients because they deserve my all just like everyone else. 

So again, am I where I want to be? Nope...but I know I'm right where I'm supposed to be. God is teaching me daily and I'm learning to follow his will!
"But Jesus overheard them and said to Jairus, "Don't be afraid. Just have faith.""
Mark 5:36
I mean, helllllooooo, it's THAT simple! Don't be afraid, have faith. 

A patient the other day, gave me these dog treats for my pups...it's the little things that make a bad day awesome! 


No comments:

Post a Comment