-->
Image Map

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Shh...do you hear that?

Y'all, that sound you hear is SUMMER calling my name!! She's actually shouting it!! I literally have 5 hours left of work {an hour today and 4 hours tomorrow!} and I couldn't be more excited!!

While I already have to attend a conference on Monday and Tuesday, I can tell you that my first weekend of summer break will be spend doing NOTHING!! I will have the obligatory Happy Hour drinks with friends tomorrow afternoon. Saturday will start with a workout and then a workout with my trainer in the afternoon...then as long as it's not raining, I'll be in the pool...with my sunscreen on of course! :) I know what you're thinking, "that doesn't sound like you've got nothing going on!", true that my friends, BUT it's not work! And it's all things I haven't been able to do lately! I honestly don't remember the last time I wasn't at a playoff game (baseball or softball) on a Friday/Saturday!!

Parents, kids, co-workers all ask the same thing, "What are you doing this summer?" and my reply is always NOTHING! Well...I'll make a trip to Fort Worth and my family is going to Orange Beach, Alabama in July, but other than that I'll be in the pool, maybe occasionally Galveston, working out big time because I actually will have time and I plan on doing an organizational overhaul on my house! Sounds busy I know, but it really won't be!

And I also get this a lot..."Gosh, you're so lucky to get the WHOLE summer off!"... ummm thanks, but I don't. I end up with only like 7 weeks (I know, I know, sounds like an eternity...it's not believe me it flies by)! I am so thankful that I get any time off so it's all good!

So it's always good to have goals for the Summer...here's some of mine!

  • WORKOUT! If y'all follow any of my 5 for FIVEs you'll know that's been a constant theme...but I have NO excuse now that I won't have work!
  • Organize my house...starting with the kitchen and working my way up!
  • Plan out my menu for the week on Sunday and stick to it!
  • Read...gotta find some good books to read!
  • Enjoy the time off!
Do y'all have any summer goals? Also if you have any book suggestions, I'd love them because I'll be reading a lot and will definitely be reading on the BEACH in July!

xoxo,
SamanthaDiane

No comments:

Post a Comment