-->
Image Map

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Oh my word...

So I've been on summer break going on two weeks...and I thought I'd have time to blog a lot more and would have interesting things to say... surprise! I have neither! Last week, I started my break with a two day conference...remind me not to do that again next year!! Then I was lazy lazy lazy {so technically I had time to blog, but let's be real...I was lounging on the couch}. Trying to think about it, I can't even remember what I did last week after my conference was over. {How sad is that?}
I can tell you one thing I've been doing... gardening. Yep, I'm the 80 year old grandma! I planted tomatoes about a month ago maybe...maybe longer {I'm telling you, once summer hits, I lose all perception of time, I really am 80 I think!} But I am LOVING growing these 'maters! I even planted basil too so I can make homemade pesto this summer! The other day I went to Lowe's, which is becoming just as dangerous as Target and got more basil, some cilantro, rosemary and a bell pepper plant! I'm a gardening machine! :) I've gotten a bunch of cherry tomatoes and some a big tomatoes and they taste SOO much better than those in the store! Sunday evening I came home to my first tomato casualty. I'm not gonna lie, I was slightly devastated...since then I've had two more casualties...one was a BIG 'mater that was ripening {I found that one tonight!}! Needless to say I will be going to Lowe's tomorrow for some tomato cages...because I'll be darned if those birds/squirrels are going to eat my crops! My trusty Yorkie, Canton usually does a good job on 'mater duty!
 
But he's been a little lazy as of late...
 
I think next year I'm going to do a raised garden and grow all kinds of things!!
Do y'all have anything you're growing??
 
xoxo,
SamanthaDiane
 

No comments:

Post a Comment