-->
Image Map

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Hello there! I'm attempting to get back on the proverbial horse and start blogging again. Since I've last blogged, I've had a few changes in my life. Nothing earth shattering, but health-wise, it's been an eye opener.

Last year on New Year's Day, my bestie and I decided to take a free Pure Barre class, and let's just say that we fell completely in love with it. We walked out of there, well actually practically crawled out of the studio with a feeling of accomplishment and totally soaked in sweat! I've worked out sporadically throughout my grown-up life, but have never loved something enough to keep up with it,  until now. We signed up pretty much immediately and have been faithful Pure Barre loyalists since. Seriously, I'm sure people get so tired of me talking about barre and how much my seat hurts... but I'll keep talking about it because it works people! I've never felt stronger or better about myself. And the community at Pure Barre, that's the best! The people at the studio are AH-MAZING, they are there to listen to you, laugh with you and even cry with you. I love going, because I know I'm gonna get a kick booty workout, but I'm also going to smile, laugh and enjoy those around me as well. So while my body was loving my new workout, and I was seeing results, I still felt yucky. My knees ached and I knew I needed to drastically change my eating habits.

Enter Whole 30... go ahead, roll your eyes, I did, several times to others that I saw doing it. How on Earth could someone give ALL that up for 30 days and claim to feel the best ever and not to mention not go back to their old ways. Well, I talked to a friend that had done it and she pointed me in the right direction. I did my research, read It Starts With Food  and decided to dive into it. Was it hard, yep, did I love it...most days. I actually didn't feel like I was depriving myself and it was amazing how much better I felt, just by being being conscious of what I was putting in my body and how I was making my food. From January-May, I lost 20 pounds (which is just an added bonus), learned which foods work well with me and which ones I need to limit. My body feels better and I've actually found myself cooking more and being more adventurous with my cooking.

Now, that the Holidays are here, yes, I'm eating crap again and sugar... and January 1st, the Whole 30 Community is doing a big Whole 30 and I'm pumped! Ready to start 2018 on the right foot and keep it there! I'm going to also, try to start blogging more and maybe even tweaking some of my favorite recipes to make the Whole 30 and dare I say, Paleo. (I just rolled my own eyes, because I said I'd NEVER be that person!) So expect to see the old stuff here, maybe some Word Wednesdays, Goal Setting Sundays (think meal prep, recipes and more) and some other random musings. But I'll be talking about Pure Barre (because once football season is over, then I'm back in action at PBFW (that's Pure Barre Fort Worth just in case you needed to know!) so just prepare yourself!

Hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas season and spend time with your loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment